According to CareerXroads (a recruiter website), only 12% of all jobs filled are directly connected to job boards.
When You Need Additional Job Search Help
Most of the clients I work with are looking to have career documents written – resumes, cover/job search letters, LinkedIn profiles, and other career communications specifically. However, from time-to-time a client also needs help dealing with other job search challenges once the documents are finalized.
Some issues can be addresses with a single phone call or email. Other issues may require more in-depth exploration. In these instances, scheduling a coaching session may be necessary.
After paying attention to client requests for additional assistance and support over the years, I now provide job search coaching and consultation to assist with achieving job search goals. My coaching and consultation services are very specifically designed for job seekers that are completely clear about their professional goals. They may simply need help in planning and navigating the steps to achieve their goal; or need assistance and/or guidance with some specific challenge that affects achieving their goal. The solution is job search coaching and consultation.
Keeping in mind that each job seeker’s needs are unique, here are a few common challenges that lead job seekers to hire a job search coaching and consultation professional:
- Returning to the work force following a long career break (examples: raising a family, caretaking, transitioning from self-employed to employee, etc.)
- Job seekers 50 years or older managing age discrimination and related challenges
- Long-term unemployed job seekers (6-months or longer)
- Recent graduates navigating a professional job search for the first time
- Job seekers building a professional brand and reputation
- Job seekers navigating the contract or “gig” work force
- Job Search Action Planning
I specialize in job search coaching and consultation in addition to writing resumes, cover letters, and LinkedIn profiles. I’m very fortunate to have access to a large network of certified career coaches of varying specialties for anyone needing a referral.
Image Credit: Green Chameleon
Now be honest… is the resume and cover letter you’ve been submitting for jobs getting you noticed? Are you receiving invitations to interview? If not, we should talk! Contact me by phone: 1-866-562-0850 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org for a NO COST, NO OBLIGATION 15-minute consultation.